Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Sweetest Days...

Okay, so yesterday was our 8 year anniversary. Tim and I aren't big on gifts for each other, so we decided to skip things all together this year, but when Tim came home from work yesterday, he was carrying two roses, one for me and one for Kaylee. I have the sweetest husband ever!

Kaylee had a major breakthrough today. She took three whole steps, baby ones, mind you, but three steps. I think she just has to realize what she's doing and then she's going to take off on me, like a world class sprinter! Oh, I can so wait for that to happen! It's already hard enough keeping up with her now. I take my eyes off of her for all of 15 seconds and she's sitting on top of the printer playing with all the pretty buttons. One of these days Daddy's going to have Mommy's head over broken equipment...

Well another first today was Kaylee's first time going to a play area. We went to the play area at one of the local malls. Kaylee was enthralled. She loved watching the other kids, following the other kids, and hogging the big bumble bee in the middle of the play area. She doesn't share well yet... we still need to work on that a bit. She was playing Queen of the mountain with some big flowers and she loved crawling all over everything. She started screaming when we wanted to leave. I do hate having to say no to that little, pudgy, face of hers, but those things have to be done.

We also visited the Build-a-Bear Workshop. We got a lovely Triceratops and named it Topsy Roxy. She is green and wonderful and her tail and "ruff" is already chewed on and matted. She's got some very spiffy PJ's that say "Chicks Rule". I thought the PJ's rocked! I'll put up pictures of the two of them at a later date.

Well all else is well on the homestead and Tim is still at softball. He had a double header and then went out for dinner with the team. Me, I'm headed to bed to a nice dose of Sudafed and Benadryl to help my allergy/sinus thing that seems to be hanging on. God bless the nice people who make those two products, because they save lives, well at least mine!

No comments: