Friday, August 17, 2007

I've created a sippy cup handing monster...

So, after being beamed in the head by a sippy cup one too many times (it was really quite impressive--she took it in both hands, raised it over her head, and catapulted it right at my nose), we decided to make a concerted effort to train Kaylee to hand us her sippy cup when she was done with it. As with all things parenting, it took a combination of some pre-emptive congratulating (like taking the cup from her during her wind up and praising her) and some good old fashion yelling, but Kaylee now holds her sippy cup out until someone takes it and thanks her for it.

Today we're all in the living room playing, sippy cup on the coffee table. Kaylee picks up the cup and hands it to me. To be consistent, I say "Thank you" and I set it down. She then goes to where I set it down, picks up the sippy cup, and hands it to me. I say thank you, and set it down. She then goes to the sippy cup, picks it up, and--no, wait, it's different--hands it to Jen. Jen says Thank You and puts it down.

I don't know how many times this went on. Got to the point that we were trying to hide the cup from her. :)

No comments: